Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Panama- A New Destination


Big discovery today! I just figured out our newest addition to our product offering. Panama. No, not the Van Halen mp3 version. Panama, the country. I guess I have always associated Panama with the Canal. Seems like this is all they used to say about the area. Well, I just found three all inclusive hotels that might have to be investigated. Costa Rica gets all kinds of interest from US travelers. It is the "hip" place to go in Central America. Yeah, I wanna go there too. But. Panama is something cool to do that not many others have done.

The combination of mountains, beaches, rainforest, world historic sites and the Canal are all pretty intriguing. The Melia Panama Canal is located on the Caribbean side of this country and near the Atlantic entrance to the Canal. It doesn't seem to be near the beach, but it is situated on Gatun Lake. Here you can do a zip line over treetops over the lake and take in some all inclusive kayaking.

Over on the Pacific side, the Royal Decameron Beach Resort features 1,100 rooms on a nice stretch of beach that is about 2 kilometers long. Nearby, you can go river rafting and rapelling. A visit into Panama City means great shopping or a visit to the Panama Canal. At Anton Valley, they have a canopy tour and much more.

The brand new Breezes Panama is opening in October of this year and promises to be a great all inclusive resort.

Panama just seems to be one of those places that misses the list when picking where to go. From the client phone call we received the other day, it should be on my list and yours.

If I ever make it there, I will be sure to tell you my experiences. If you have been there, drop me a note with travel tips and I will be sure to share.

Til next time,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment