Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

2010. Never in my life, have I heard people this excited about the New Year. I read in the paper this morning a striking headline. "Saying Goodbye to a Decade of Fear"

(Funny, but I actually still subscribe to a paper. I am afraid I might miss the "local" news I guess. And part of me is still a little nostalgic about having a newspaper.)

Back to this new year thing. I also have noticed the feeling of hope that comes with 2010. You see, the last few years, we all have been bombarded with the aftermath of 9/11 and the countless crisis that crop up on national and local news. I am proclaiming the next 10 years as the "Decade of Fun"! Let's move on from the "fear" and forget all the negative news stories the dominate our landscape. Let's realize that the economy is much better than before and we can all drop a little change on something fun. Take a night on the town. Buy a ridiculously expensive meal at an upscale restaurant. Get that plasma television you always wanted. Or better for us, take that long awaited tropical vacation you have been dreaming about. Life should be fun and we intend to make the next decade just that. FUN!

Can you think of a better way to get away from it all? The Caribbean is 80 degrees or so this time of year. You wouldn't need to worry about work. Or phones. Leave the laptop at home or lock it in the hotel safe. Leave the tv unplugged. Roast yourself in tropical sunshine. Dive into the crystal clear waters. Stare aimlessly at the tropical waves. Eat till you can't eat any more. Drink a little more than you should. Have some fun! You would have a hard time finding a hotel in your own hometown for the prices that all inclusive resorts are offering this coming year. AND the food and drinks are included! We keep saying it, but we have to. This is YOUR best opportunity to get a deal on an all inclusive vacation.

Everyone I know is looking forward to the New Year. This new year brings new attitudes and new fun. We can put 2009 away for good and ring in the next decade in a better place :)
The place for me is the Caribbean. I will be there every month for the next year. This is my New Year's resolution. It's time for me to have some more good times.

Til next time,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment